Thursday 14 May 2009

Is It A Good Deal?

A few days ago I took the kids to a charity shop that we don't go to very frequently b/c it involves lots of stairs & there are no carts in which to contain the children. As we walked in the door, immediately in front of us was a large rack of children's books, and the price was right at 3 for 25¢. I let Asher go look at the toys since it wasn't far from where I was stationed, & Chancery was in the car seat, so she wasn't going anywhere & was quite easy to keep an eye on.

Almost immediately he found something to play with & I didn't pay much attention to what it was until he drove it over to me. He said, "Look, Mummy, I have a truck!" He was so thrilled with his truck, he just drove in & out b/w the rack of clothes & the ladies at the shop seemed to enjoy him driving up & showing off "his truck".

When it was time to go, I made him park it back where he'd found it & there wasn't much of a fight. I think he's gotten to the point where he knows it's futile, so he doesn't bother much anymore. We made our purchase & got halfway down the stairs when I began to think that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to get the truck. I tried calling PChad to see what he thought about it, but he wasn't available, so I did the next best thing.... I asked Asher what he thought we should do.

Of course he said we should buy it & at only $20, I I figured we'll get our money's worth out of it. I decided it would make a good birthday present for him next month, so I am hoping Asher doesn't ask about it TOO much until then, but I know he'll be thrilled when he finally gets it.... Shoot, I wish I could fit in it too. It looks like it'd be a TON of fun!

2 comments:

  1. A solid purchase indeed...oh and I LOVE your blog. Chad looks so pastorly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a birthday boy coming up too! :)

    ReplyDelete