Yay! I've finally made it to 100 Posts! As is tradition, here are 100 (hopefully) interesting things about me:
1. I ALWAYS eat candies in pairs, one for each side of my mouth. If I am eating M&M's they can be any colour, but if I am eating different flavoured candies (like Skittles) they have to be the same colour. Chad usually ends up w/ the odd ones.
2. I usually carry in my pocket: 2 Pony Tail Holders, Chapstick, & a small Swiss Army Knife. This has gotten me in trouble in numerous airports. Since I always carry it, I don't think about it until I go through the metal detectors. I have had to "surrender" it & replace it probably 5 times.
3. Speaking of candies, I am addicted to Sour Grape Candies. I used to get them from 7-11 in the nickel candies, but my local 7-11 doesn't carry them. I found them at Mac's instead & order them by the box..... of 200. Again, I have to eat them in pairs. Sometimes to mix it up, I mix in a few sour Watermelons
4. I DESPISE dusting. When I was growing up I had to dust the house every Saturday, so since I've been married I try not to do it at all costs. Luckily we have moved almost every year since we have been married, so it hasn't gotten too bad, but once Chad gets a job, we'll be living a bit more permanently (I hope), so I'll have to start dusting more frequently.
5. I never envisioned being a pastor's wife. When I met Chad I wanted to be a farmer's wife & he was actually planning on being a farmer, but his career path took quite the detour & we have discovered that farming is not in his future any longer. Oh, & I'm ok w/ that.
6. When I was in highschool, planning my future, I wanted to be an Algebra teacher b/c I really enjoy Algebra. I also figured I could have the summers off & I could be a long-distance trucker. I wanted to get a Peterbilt.
7. In College I nearly failed Calculus & the lesson planning unit.... teaching was not meant to be in my future.... I still like Algebra.
8. When we were first married, we lived on Chad's parents' farm while Chad finished university. I got my chance to drive semi & well, let's just say, trucking was not meant to be part of my future either.
9. I am NOT a good cook. I once reduced some steaks to black ooze & a bone. Actually quite the interesting story....
10. I do however, love to bake. I think it may have something to do w/ me having a tremendous sweet tooth. I like to really enjoy the fruit of my labour. I'd choose a brownie over a steak any day.
11. I once made cards for all the people on my Christmas list. That was the second year we were married & it added up to about 20 people. Our Christmas list has grown considerably since we have moved so much & is nearing 80. I no longer make the cards we send.
12. I still purchase rubber stamps when I find them that are cheap, even though I know I won't use them. Hopefully we have a crafty kid somewhere along the line.
13. Our CDs are all organized by Genre (Christian, Rock, Jazz, Kids), which makes sense to most people, and they are alphabetical.... by the artist's FIRST name. You'll find Aerosmith rubbing shoulders w/ Alanis Morisette, Eminem beside Emma Bunton, Green Day by Gwen Stefani..... Chad understands my system, but he has issues in the music stores now b/c he can't figure out why Nelly Furtado isn't in the "N" Section.
14. I don't scrapbook b/c I am neither patient enough, nor crafty enough. I get my pictures & put them in a photo album. Job Done.
15. My craftiness is expressed in counted cross stitch. I am half way done making a Christmas Stocking for Chad, but haven't really worked on it since Asher was born. I am planning on making one for every member of our family at some point.... hopefully before they move out & get married.
16. Beverage of choice: Soda = Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, unfortunately you can't get it in Canada, so I settle for regular Dr. Pepper. Though I have seen that Walmart carries Berries & Cream Dr. Pepper.... Not sure why they don't also carry C.V. Dr.P
17. Beverage of choice: Coffee = Creme de Menthe Latte w/ whipped cream (hot) or
Iced Raspberry Latte *(I discovered that there is some chemical reaction when you put whipped cream from a can on an Iced Raspberry Latte that causes it to curdle, so no whip cream please!)
18. I LOVE to put Ketchup on meat of all kids, except ham... that would be wrong. Although Chad thinks it's disrespectful to put it on salmon & pork & lamb...... I also enjoy a good teriyaki sauce from time to time.
19. When I go to a restaurant I usually end up ordering the exact same thing from it every time. For example, at Red Robin I always order the Teriyaki Chicken Burger.... At IHOP, I always order the Stuffed French Toast Combo... You get the idea!
20. I never needed braces (But for a while I thought they might look nice, so I wanted them).
21. I used to wear LOTS of bracelets & anklets. In grade 8/9 I had 20 bracelets, 10 anklets & I knew who/where each one was from.
22. One bracelet was made out of safety pins from Cross-Country race numbers.
21. I ran Cross-Country (it's a sport) in highschool. I was district champion twice, & placed 7th in state once.
22. I have a hard time running to the mailbox now.... I am totally out of shape.
23. A kid on my block once showed me that you can smoke the bottom few inches of ferns. I tried it, it tastes like roasted marshmallows.
24. My friend April & I once got in trouble for having a raspberry fight in my parents' garden. We were supposed to be PICKING them, not THROWING them.
25. In kindergarten I was spanked by the principal.
26. I was spanked b/c a girl who was in grade 8 told me my teeth weren't sharp, so I bit her on the arm.... HARD (she really should have known better).
27. She still gave me the kitten she had promised.... I don't think I would have.
28. I have never owned a dog. The closest I came was when I married Chad. The farm dog liked him best, & eventually grew to tolerate me too.
29. When we moved onto the farm after a year of marriage, the dog peed on our house, Chad's bike, our grill, our lawn chairs (each individual one), & our broom. I think he was marking Chad as his territory.
30. I used to enjoy riding in the grain trucks w/ Chad during harvest on the farm. I'd take crossword puzzles along & if I couldn't figure out the answer I'd get on the radio & ask the hired men. I don't think my father-in-law liked that very much though.
31. Chad's Mum tried to teach me to cook once. She likes to cook by feel, I have to cook w/ specific instructions & measurements. I will never be as good a cook as her.
32. I never had asparagus until after I was married. We went to dinner at a friends' house & I had no idea what it was.
33. I ADORE sautéed asparagus w/ a little garlic & sea salt.
34. I always hated Kohlrabi while growing up, but I have grown to really like that too.
35. One summer, Katie & I spent playing Monopoly & listening to Madonna's "True Blue" cassette. I still think of playing Monopoly on Katie's bunkbed every time I hear one of those songs.
36. Katie & I also watched Top Gun about 100 times that summer.
37. I enjoy getting things organised if I can focus on that & only that until I can finish the job.
38. I believe it has been a blessing that I never got my college degree b/c I would have felt like I needed to get a job in a certain field.
39. I was able to support Chad & I for 7 years while he was in school before we had Asher, so my jobs have been pretty good.
41. I have (mostly) enjoyed every job I've had since we got married.
42. April & Katie & I used to spend HOURS playing w/ Lego at my house. I was a bit of a control freak & if I didn't like what they made, I'd make them take it apart & make something more suitable.
43. Perhaps one of the many things I loved about Chad when we met was that he has 2 HUGE Rubbermaid containers of Lego. He has all the "City" buildings (hospital, Police Station, Fire station, etc).
44. Chad's sisters organized it & put it away. It's all colour coded. Blue, Red, Green, White. I tried once to sort it all out. I think we'll have to have a Youth Group Lego night sometime.
45. When I worked as a Mail Order Manager, I would sometimes retreat to the washroom b/c no one could bother me there. I'd enjoy the peace & quiet for awhile, then go back to work.
46. When I worked as a Switchboard Operator, I became addicted to Ebay & bought many, many CDs from my highschool & college days...... & some board games...... & some books.
47. I cannot use chopsticks
48. I HATE to be the first person in the door of a place I've never been before, be it a restaurant, someone's house, whatever. I'll hold open the door for Chad instead..... He says that looks funny, but that's ok w/ me.
49. I love to swim in the ocean...... if it's warm enough.
50. I enjoy Hawaiian pizza, but always pick the pineapple off. I like the TASTE of them, but not to actually eat them. I usually give them to Asher.
51. I was banned from bringing the game "Encore" to a pastor's wives group I was in b/c I knew more songs than anyone.
52. I really enjoy playing card/board games w/ friends & family.
53. I have not worn make-up in about 5 years.....none.
54. I think I'm too lazy to put it on & take it off.
55. When I was in grade 7 I was finally allowed to wear make-up & went a bit overboard. I looked like a raccoon.
56. Chad & I met the first day of my second year of college (it was his first).
57. We started dating a week later (in September).
58. We got engaged at Christmas.
59. Married in July. We knew each other 10.5 months.
60. We've been married almost 9 years.... We still like eachother. :)
61. We moved to Canada after we got married & Chad was not old enough yet to sponsor me for immigration.
62. I was 20 & Chad was 18 when we married.
63. When I was in highschool, my youth group leader hit me in the head (accidentally) w/ a softball. I got to ride in an ambulance to the hospital for observation. I kept telling them I had to go home & finish my Calculus homework.
64. I enjoy grocery shopping, but I buy too many sweets I don't need..... I'm getting better though.
65. I have not had a hairstyle that I've really liked in the last 7 years or so.... Again, I think I'm too lazy to have to do much w/ it, so I leave it long so I can put it in a pony tail.
66. I cannot stand moths. They always flutter by my face or ears & get stuck in my hair.... it's not pleasant. Chad asks, "What are they going to do to you, get you dusty?" I heard a story once of a lady who kept hearing wind in her ear & went to the Doctor. She had a MOTH in her ear! SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO TO YOU????
67. I've never broken a bone.
Aren't you fascinated by all this info?
68. I once was hospitalized overnight for being dehydrated, the doctor first thought I was high.
69. My favourite Ice Cream is Ben & Jerry's "One Sweet Whirled" (Inspired by the Dave Matthew's Band). We used to stop by the Ben & Jerry's in Trafalgar Square after eating at Wong Kei's in London & I'd always get a scoop of that w/ "Phish Food" or "Koffe, Koffe, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz." (Unfortunately it's been discontinued, which explains why I haven't been able to find it)
70. I'm pretty sarcastic. I've really had to tone it down, in highschool it was a bit out of control.
71. I'm sorry there aren't graphics to go w/ all my fine points down here, I know it makes it more interesting, but I got tired of uploading them all.... Like I said, I'm sorry.
72. I hate being cold.
73. When the weather is hot, I'm happy.... if I can cool myself off sufficiently.
74. I really like the water.... I think I may have mentioned that before.
75. I used to make lists for everything, but I found that I could never remember things on my own, so I stopped making them.... except for major things, like moving.
76. Chad took away the pen & paper by my bed shortly after we were married b/c I would turn the light on & off all night to add things to my list.
77. I sleep alot better now.
78. Except when I have Hot Feet.
79. I enjoy reading other people's blogs, especially if I know them, but there are also some very funny people I don't know whose blogs I thoroughly enjoy.
80. I enjoy getting together w/ Chad's family as much as my own. I know I'm very fortunate to really like all my in-laws (I just hope they all like me too!)
81. I buy almost all of my family's clothes second-hand (except socks & underwear b/c that's gross).
82. I am VERY out of touch w/ how much new clothes cost.... it ASTOUNDS me that people would spend more than $7 on a T-Shirt.
83. I enjoy being pregnant..... having the kids afterwards???? That's alot of work!
84. I have gastroparesis, which means my stomach takes longer than normal to empty, but I also have a high metabolism, meaning I can eat almost whatever I want w/o gaining weight.... figure that out.
85. When we lived on the farm I let a cat have it's kittens on our couch (on many, many towels) so I could watch. It was fascinating!
86. She wasn't so happy when I put them all outside in the cat-house after that. She kept bringing them back inside every time I opened the door.
87. Since Chad & I were married nearly 9 years ago, we have lived in 3 countries, 2 provinces, 1 state, & 7 houses/apartments, not counting the month here & there when we lived w/ his parents b/w moves.
88. I know all the phone numbers we've had except one.
89. I can easily remember numbers for bank accounts, phone numbers, social security numbers, etc., but sometimes can't remember which one is current.
90. I slept w/ my stuffed dog "Ralph" until we were married. Chad made me choose him or the dog. Ralph moved to the dresser.
91. I took calculus in highschool & passed it only b/c my teacher basically stood over me & told me the answers to the final. I did pass Calculus on my own in college... barely, b/c I had a LOT of tutoring. I don't think I was really applying myself either time.
92. I've never been to public school.
93. When I was growing up, my elderly neighbours had a boxer & since I didn't have a dog & wanted one, they let me walk it whenever my heart desired. She used to pull me on my skateboard up & down the street chasing cars.
94. When I was pregnant w/ Asher I craved breakfast foods all the time & Chad finally put his foot down & stopped taking me to IHOP.
95. In college I had 6 piercings in my ears & am now down to 3. My parents were not very happy about all those "holes," but I told them I'd grow out of it & I did.... less than a year later.
96. My favourite show is "The Office" I like BBC version too, it's a bit dirtier, but quite true to the office life I experienced while working in London.
97. I'm quite shy until I get to know people, then become very extroverted.
98. I was fired from a coffee shop I worked at for laying in the grass & reading a book b/w customers.
99. I used enjoy diagramming sentences.
100. Up until I was about 16, my hair was white-blonde.... now, it's brownish.... You can imagine my delight when in grade 7 we had the vocabulary word "hoary."
Well, I hope you have enjoyed learning all these FASCINATING facts about me! When you get to your 100th post, let me know b/c it's your turn! I really enjoy getting to know more about my internet friends, & am looking forward to reading yours!