Wednesday 6 May 2009

Another Failed Attempt?

Yesterday was the last day of Coffee Break at our church, so after we got home, I promptly took Asher out of his diaper & put some "Big Boy" pants on him. I explained that if he had to wee, he had to run to the potty, or he'd get wet all down his legs & he'd get his big boy pants wet.

We went downstairs & I rolled up the rug in the living room (hey, I KNOW there will be accidents) & said a little thank-you prayer for hardwood & tile throughout our home. We got through lunch fine without any accidents, but about 20 minutes later Asher came running into the kitchen saying, "I have to wee, Mummy! I have to WEE!" But it was too late & since it was close to naptime I put him back in a diaper.

After his nap, we had to run to a few stores, so I left him in a diaper, but once we got home he was into big boy pants again. he didn't last 10 minutes before he came running, but once again it was too late & his pants took the brunt of it... or so I thought.

I looked into the living room & there was a huge puddle & a little trail leading into the kitchen. I would have put him in another pair of big boy pants, but that was all I had.....

So, today, after naps, we are off to buy some more! I know there will be many accidents yet, but I have faith that he'll get it figured out at some point (hopefully sooner than later). I don't mind switching him back into diapers if we have to go somewhere, as long as he starts to get the concept of figuring out the signals before the event.

Luckily for me, he had run out of big boy pants before he did his dirty business!

No comments:

Post a Comment