Saturday 13 December 2008

When I Grow Up

Yesterday Asher & I were reading a book called "Bert Wonders Why." It's part of a set of books of the alphabet. I read the title of it to him & was corrected, apparently b/c this is the "W" book, the title is "Bert Wonders W." Of course, that makes sense. If it's the "W" book, why would they say "Bert Wonders Y"?

We got to a page where Bert ponders what he wants to be when he grows up & I asked Asher if he wanted to be a fireman, policeman, trucker, preacher, mailman, or a teacher. He said he didn't want to be any of those things, so I asked what he wanted to be when he gets bigger. He pointed to the dog on the page & said, "I want to be THAT doggie!"

How do you explain to a 2.5 year old that he can be whatever he wants when he grows up, but not a dog?

1 comment:

  1. When Peter was younger he wanted to marry his sister and have 12 kids.....That wasn't all that long ago either that he thought that would be a cool thing to do. But, alas, he has stopped saying he would marry his sister. So don't worry they figure that stuff out on their own.....eventually.

    ReplyDelete