Monday 29 December 2008

The Most Frustrating Store

Today I took the kids to Canadian Tire to get out of the house. I don't know why I keep going back there. I don't think I've been in a more poorly run store in quite awhile. Let me go back a few months.........

We decided we'd like some storage shelves for in the storage room, & saw an ad in the Canadian Tire flier that they had all their shelving on sale for 50% off. PChad ran in the store to pick up a few & left me in the truck w/ the kids since Chancery was sleeping & we figured it'd be pretty fast since we knew exactly which ones we wanted & that was the only thing he was going in for. After about 20 minutes I was starting to wonder what had happened to PChad. Chancery woke up & was hungry (of course), so I took her out of her seat & started nursing her. Asher was being remarkably good, just playing w/ his cars & listening to the radio.

I was nursing Chancery & kinda lost track of time. Suddenly I realized PChad had been in the store for nearly an hour.... to pick up shelves. I decided to try calling his cell phone, but realized I had left mine at home, so I stayed in the truck & continued to wonder what on earth could be keeping him?

AN HOUR & A HALF after he went in, he emerged, but w/o shelves! Apparently, the shelves were not on the floor, so he asked an employee for a rain-check. The employee looked it up on the computer & it said there were 3 left, so they figured they must be in the warehouse & left to check. Twenty minutes later, another employee asked if someone was helping PChad & PChad submitted the same request, resulting in a second employee running off to search the warehouse. Finally PChad was able to stop a third employee for repeating these steps & calmly demanded a rain-check. Thus, PChad was able to leave the store (since I told him he had to get a rain-check if he wasn't able to get the shelves).

Jump to 2 weeks later.......... We get a call from Canadian Tire that our shelves are in, so I head off w/ the kidlets to pick up our shelves. We go in the store, to the shelving department & discover there are no shelves on the shelf. So I went to the counter & asked an employee about them. They look in the computer & it says there are none in stock, they haven't received the shipment yet. (So WHY did I get a call?)

Randomly I was in the store a few days later & discovered the shelves had come in, all on my own, so I picked them up, plus a few more b/c I didn't want to have to go through all that again.

So today I went to Canadian Tire to look for some storage totes for Asher's blocks & other toys. I got to the aisle where all the containers are to discover that there were almost no lids for any of the containers. I thought that maybe I just couldn't see where they had stored them b/c some were behind the containers & the ones I wanted were on a higher shelf. So I snagged an employee & asked them about the lids. he said he didn't know, but he'd get someone from housewares to help me. The lady came & asked what I needed. I told her I wanted to buy some containers, but I couldn't find any lids. Her response? "Yeah, we can't find any lids either." Excuse me, WHAT???

She said that since they were reorganizing everything after Christmas that things were a little bit here & there, but the container aisle wasn't affected by the Christmas stuff (whatever). She kindly scanned in the container I wanted & went to look in the warehouse to see if she could find some lids (Yes, I was quite worried, but not afraid to walk away either). She came back after about 15 minutes to tell me that she couldn't find any.

Seriously, there was a full aisle of storage totes & maybe 10 lids TOTAL in the whole aisle. What........? Where..........? I just don't understand how that store can function, but I am only giving them one more chance, I'm getting pretty fed up w/ them, it's borderline ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. We don't have that crazy sort of stuff here in the States :-)

    ReplyDelete