Saturday 27 December 2008

I'm Losing What's Left Of My Mind!

My cute little girl has a problem. She goes to sleep, then she wakes up & cries, & cries, & CRIES, & SCREAMS, & kicks, & generally doesn't want to go back to sleep. She's great at night (well, compared to how Asher was). She'll go to sleep quite easily & sleep for 12-13 hours w/ about 3-4 wakings during the night. The problem is naptime.

Quite often she wakes after 1/2 an hour or 45 minutes. If I don't get to her right away she gets all worked upp & if I don't get her up, but try to get her to go back to sleep she gets VERY upset. The problem is that she isn't rested enough. I think if I actually let her, she'd take a bunch of 1/2 hour naps rather than 2 good naps.

So, I'm getting annoyed, & frustrated, & well, I've had about enough. When we finally did something about Asher's sleep issues, we turned to Dr Weisbluth after trying just about every other sleep book's method that was on the market. My very first blog post was about the results of Dr Weissbluth's tecniques. I'm a little hesitant about trying the same thing w/ Chancery b/c she does go to sleep quite well sometimes & I don't want to mess that up, but on the other hand, this might be a good way to get her trained to do it ALL the time.

Now w/ Asher I can see that using that method was a great thing to do b/c even now, at 2.5 years old, he knows that protesting doesn't get him anywhere, not only at bedtime, but other times too. If we say no to him & he starts crying & fussing, we just ask him, "does that help?" He says, "No," stops crying & finds something else to do instead.

So I'm off to try & figure out the best way of breaking her in, to better sleep habits & a happier family!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that about Chancery. Wish we were there to hold her. How about putting her in the front pack for awhile? Hopefully she will outgrow this stage. At least she sleeps good at night!

    ReplyDelete