Friday 12 December 2008

Baby Jesus

The other day I was walking through the living room when Asher stopped me.

He said, "You can't go over there, the baby is sleeping."

So I asked him, "What's the baby's name?"

Asher: "The baby's name is Jesus..... I'm going to give her her plug."

Of course I had to correct that notion, "Baby Jesus is a boy."

He was quite indignant & replied, "No, babies are girls!"

Oh dear, it was time to teach him about genders. So I told him that Chancery is a girl & will grow up to be a lady like Mummy. And Asher is a boy & will grow up to be a man like Daddy.

Asher added, "AND Daddy is a pastor, just like all the other pastors."

So now I'm not sure he understands that not all boys grow up to be pastors, but Chancery woke up from her nap, so I didn't get to sort that all out. Oh well, there are worse things he could believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment