Tuesday 16 December 2008

Christmas Traditions

Kim's having a favourites party over on her blog, so here's my favourite Christmas traditions......

As we were growing up we were not allowed to have sugar cereals. It was always either Cheerios, or Rice Crispies for breakfast. One year my parents got us each a box of sugar cereal for Christmas. We liked it so much that they kept up the tradition & we got one every year after that.

I also really liked the way we did our stockings. Every year we'd have 4-5 presents in our stockings & then starting on the 20th (or 21st) we'd open one gift each night. As we got older the gifts were usually the same, but we always looked forward to a Starbucks Gift Card, a Cinnabon Gift Certificate, Beef Jerky, & an ornament.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY love the sugar cereal thing!! That's so funny. I give in to sugar cereal but I'm a fun-hater when it comes to soda. Maybe I should give them their own bottle of Dr. Pepper! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete