Thursday 18 December 2008

Two Socks

Not long ago I realized that most the socks I owned were wearing thin so I decided it was time for new socks. I usually just buy white sport socks, but have discovered that when I remove my shoes, it doesn't look very nice when I'm sporting a nice outfit to be wearing Adidas socks. So I thought that maybe it was time to purchase some nicer socks.

I make no bones about it, I am cheap, so when I'm looking for new socks, I don't want to be paying nearly $2 a pair. I went to Winners, where I can always count on getting a fairly good deal. I found some Roots socks, which I was really excited about & also picked up a small pack of brown socks b/c I thought brown socks are a good way to go when I'm wearing my khaki trousers to church.

Well, those Roots socks might look nice, but they don't do much to keep my feet warm. PChad got awfully tired of me turning the thermostat up just b/c my new socks were so thin, so I started wearing 2 pair. Now, I might have paid less than $2 a pair for those socks, but when you ALWAYS have to wear 2 pair, that basically doubles the cost of your socks, eh, b/c you have 1/2 the number of socks available to wear, maybe they weren't such a great deal.

Last Sunday I decided to break out the brown socks. Well, they were too long. I put them on & the heel part was 1/2 way up my calf. I don't understand how they can sell them as women's size 5-9 socks, when they would clearly fit a men's size 5-9 much better. I can't tell you how many pairs of socks PChad has aquired b/c of improper fit! Unfortunately he only wears black or white socks, so those brown ones are off to Value Village!

2 comments:

  1. That is simply amazing that he can inherit your socks...even if Brenda bought too big of socks, they definitely still wouldnt fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually kind of funny. I think a pair of slippers might just solve your problem of cold feet.

    Otherwise, if you guys have a RCSS in Charlottetown, look into their socks. I got some great pairs there, warm, and last a lifetime! (I don't remember how much they cost me though..)

    ReplyDelete