Monday 22 December 2008

Little "Unimportant" Prayers

A friend of mine posted about praying for "trivial matters" like parking spots & it made me think about the kind of prayers I offer up.

My most prayed prayer goes something like this: "Lord, please let them go to sleep!" Usually prayed in the middle of the night, or at naptime when the kids are not cooperating w/ the planned course of the day. I think sometimes God puts those little "bumps" in our daily lives to turn our attention back to Him.

Sure my prayers might start like that, but it usually takes longer to get the kids to sleep & rather than just repeating it over & over I branch out to other things: This friend who just told me about her financial difficulties, that friend going through a divorce, friends of our trying to get pregnant....

So I'm thankful for the petty problems God puts in my path, not that I appreciate the problem itself, but I appreciate the effect it has on my prayer life. Sometimes I need that nudge to get me praying.

1 comment:

  1. I prayed for a parking spot yesterday in the midst of a busy, icy parking lot ... and got one right up front. Plowed and everything. How good is GOD?

    ReplyDelete