Friday 13 February 2009

Pay Attention!

When my nephew was about 2.5 years old, we went w/ him to see Spirit in the theatre. He sat alright through the movie (not having kids ourselves, we thought he could have done better). There was minimal shifting of laps, kicking of seats & he only put his feet on the lady in front about 3 times.

I just realized the other day that Asher is now the same age as my nephew was. I am a bit more understanding now about why he was so wiggly in the theatre. In fact it is VERY doubtful that Asher would do remotely as well.

Some people say that short attention spans are linked to a more TV watching, well if that's the case, we're in BIG trouble. We are trying to have Asher watch TV to increase his attention span! So far, the longest that he will sit & watch is about 15 minutes, if we are lucky. We haven't even attempted watching movies w/ him b/c there is no way he'll sit still that long. And as for going to the theatre w/ him? That won't be happening for a Looooooong time!

3 comments:

  1. I like kiddo's hence my job, but I have to admit I'd be in favour of a 'no children under 4' rule in theatres! BTW adore your new header Sherilynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love kids, and have no problem keeping a class full of them busy and attentive, but the thought of one child scares me a little bit. People get so annoyed with children sometimes - Poor little things.

    I agree though, no little kids in movies. DVDs are they way forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember the first movie I was able to peacefully sit through with all 4 of my kids (before the baby was born). I don't remember the movie, I just remember how wonderful it was.

    And now I want to watch Spirit again. I loved that movie and the music.

    ReplyDelete