Tuesday 3 June 2008

It Was An Optometrist Today

Today I had my appointment w/ the optometrist. She didn't seem to know I was there for an infection even though I told them on the phone & also put it on the form where it asked, "reason for today's visit." She kept asking me to open my eye further & finally asked, "do you have an infection or something?"

Now, really, if she is looking intently into my (partially closed) eye, shouldn't she be able to SEE that I have an infection? I said, "yes, that's why I am here." So she looked around a bit & told me it just looked like I had a bit of pink eye & told me to keep taking the antibiotic drops I got yesterday & also told me to get some over-the-counter drops to stop the itching.

So, back to the pharmacy I went for more drops. The kind pharmasist wasn't there today, so no more sympathetic looks for me. I wasn't recognized this time (maybe that was due to my incognito status since I was wearing my sunglasses). I finally found them & went back home.

I'm supposed to put the new drops in 4 times a day, 2 drops each time. So I went to put some in right away to help w/ the itching. It was like putting FIRE in my eye. I only managed one drop b/c the burning was so bad, but as Chad helpfully pointed out, "you don't notice the itch anymore though, do you?"

I have ANOTHER follow-up appointment w/ the optometrist on Friday just to make sure it's getting better. I just am very thankful that Asher has not gotten it b/c it would not be easy to put drops in his eyes. He's great about taking medicine, but I think this would be a different story. I just don't understand why it's taking so long to clear up either. I though pink eye was a 2-3 day think, not a whole week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asher had a case of what the doctor figured was strep throat last week, so he was on medication for a week. During that time we added "please help the medicine to work" to his meal-time prayers. Now that I have medicine, we are praying "please helps Mummy's medicine to work." Although he has changed it to "please help Mummy's medicine in the eye, in the eye, in the eye (yes he does sound like a broken record, I think he forgets the end w/o some help), to work." It's very cute, but I'm not certain I can say it's helping any more than the actual medication is at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment