Monday 4 July 2016

Lazy Sunday

Sunday we went to the church I grew up in, & it was BBQ Sunday!  The church got a new pastor a few months ago, whose wife happens to be one of my best friends from when we were in seminary!  Asher & Chancery played after church with her kids for awhile, then we headed back to Grandma & Grandpa's house.

We decided to go for a walk around the neighbourhood, & I showed the kids a few places that I used to spend a lot of time in.

 This anchor is right across the street from the house that my friend April used to live in, & she & I used to play on it quite often.


I took the kids to the big tree that the neighbourhood kids used tot call "The Oak".  We have since learned that we didn't know our trees at all, & it's actually a Maple, but we still call it the Oak.

 We were looking for huckleberries while we were walking & discovered this huge huckleberry bush!  I have never seen one so tall before!  The berries were a lot more sour than I remember them being, but we enjoyed them all the same.

After our walk we skateboarded up & down the road a few times, then I took the kids to the field across from my parents house & played a little bit of baseball.  It was a lovely day.


No comments:

Post a Comment