Friday 23 May 2008

A Sign of Things to Come?

I've heard many times that parents generally are more lenient w/ second children than they are w/ their first. I know some who are diligent about filling in the baby book for baby #1, begin a baby book for #2, & don't even bother buying one for subsequent children b/c they know it's not eve going to be started, let alone completed. I am really hoping that baby #2 & beyond at least get baby books in our family, but if things continue to go as they have thus far, I'm not so sure it'll happen.

When I was pregnant w/ Asher I was diligent about buttering my belly w/ cocoa butter in order to avoid the dreaded stretch marks. I put on a thick coat every night w/o fail & for the most part it worked, until he "dropped" & I got a few stretch marks in the last few weeks. Generally I faired pretty well.

Maybe it's due to being tired at the end of the day, or the fact that I'm getting older & I know that I will probably almost never wear stomach baring clothing again, but I have been very negligent on the belly buttering front. I am really hoping this isn't a sign of things to come, like neglecting to feed my child, or change their pants......

No comments:

Post a Comment