Tuesday 5 October 2010

A Slow Burn, & Life In Defiance –Reviews

A few months ago, I reviewed the first book in the “Texas Trilogy” Daisy Chain by Mary DeMuth.  I raved about it’s realness & how well it was written, & to say I was excited to read the rest of the trilogy would be an understatement.


A Slow Burn (Defiance Texas Trilogy, Book 2)I had a bit of reading time on my trip this summer, so I took A Slow Burn & Life In Defiance the next two books along hoping to find the time to read them.  I have to tell you, it is a shame that there were only three books in the series.  I enjoyed every page.  There are some books that I get so engrossed in that I want to hurry up & read to find out what happens, yet I don’t want to read them TOO quickly because then they will be over.  All three of these books were like that for me.

Life in Defiance (Defiance, Texas Trilogy, Book 3)The characters are all flawed, some in very obvious ways, others not so much.  There were bits of each person that were very relatable, maybe not that I share the exact trait with them, but I could understand where they were coming from & why they did the things they did.  Even though these are Christian Fiction novels, they don’t wrap up neatly with everyone living “happily every after”.  That’s what I like about them, there are  no platitudes.

If you haven’t picked up these books yet, you really should.  They are a great read, extremely well written, & very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment