Friday 17 June 2016

Last Day In Paris

Another day of walking.  At least we don't feel bad about all the sweets we are eating!

We keep seeing these double decker carousels, but they must cost too much to ride since we never see anyone on them! 


We walked to the Sacre-Coeur Basilica.  There were lots of people, & there was a mass happening when we got there, so we sat for awhile.  I found it funny that they still let people in to look around while they are having their services.  I don't think I've ever been in a church in Canada or the States that has tourists wandering around during the service! 




We stumbled upon the Gare du Nord train station.  We didn't bother going into it since most train stations are alike inside. 

We were almost home when I spotted this shop.  I had to get a photo for my dad, since Mello Yello is his favourite soda! 



We had a quiet dinner at the flat & tried to finish up the contents of the fridge before leaving.  I had been on a quest for a crepe most of the day, but had never found one for what I thought was a reasonable price.  So we headed back to Notre Dame since there were quite a few creperies in that area.

We found one!

But I wanted another one, so I went back for more!

I asked the man for another crepe sucre with more sugar.
He poured it on, "is this enough?" he asked.
"Yes, that's good," I replied.
Then he added more before telling me with a grin, "This is really bad for your teeth!"
I promised I'd brush them afterwards.


On our way back to the flat Chad spotted an ice cream shop that had pistachio ice cream!  He couldn't resist, & the lady working there rewarded him for not asking for a sample of every flavour by giving him an extra scoop of pistachios on top!


Total Distance walked: 13 km

Total Distance for the week: 61 km

No comments:

Post a Comment