Monday 13 June 2016

A Quiet Day to Myself

Yesterday was the first day of Chad's meetings.  I spent most of the day in the flat reading & watching TV since it rained quite a bit.  At the end of the day I walked to meet up with Chad & some of his classmates for dinner.  Just like normal, I was going to be early, so I killed some time by stopping at a Starbucks.  My only complaints was that I can't use my Starbucks cards here.  Not sure why, but I keep getting told they won't work.  I also didn't see any special French Starbucks gift cards to add to my collection.

 When translated to French, this is how my name is spelled!

At dinner many of the others were ordering wine or beer, neither of which I like, so I opted for my regular Jack & Coke.  When we got the bill we discovered that the bottle of coke was €4.50, & they gave me a double of Jack (which was a premium whisky) & that cost €14.50.  My drink cost more than my meal!

Total Distance walked: 7 km

No comments:

Post a Comment