Thursday 27 January 2011

The Truth Comes Out

I had heard a shriek coming from where the kids were playing as I was vacuuming the stairs this morning.  But it was short-lived & I was blissfully covering up any sounds of arguing with the gentle hum of the vacuum cleaner.  By the time I turned the vacuum off, there was quiet again.  I asked Asher to unplug the cord, & as he was doing so, I asked, “Are you playing nicely together?”

 

Chancery took the opportunity to turn on the tears & came out of Asher’s room with tear-filled eyes to tell me, “Asher hit me.”

 

“Asher, did you hit Chancery?” I asked.

 

“Yes,” he answered.

 

Me: “Well, why did you hit her?”

 

“Because she hit me,” was his soft reply.

 

Me: “Chancery, did you hit Asher?”

 

Chancery: “Yes.”

 

So I told them to stop hitting each other, & play nicely together.  The tears magically evaporated, & as I walked back downstairs I heard them saying, “I’m sorry for hitting, & I won’t do it again.”

 

If only that were true…

No comments:

Post a Comment