Thursday 27 August 2009

Fruit Fly Trap

We've been having real trouble with fruit flies this summer & we've tried a couple different methods to get rid of them, but much to our chagrin, none have worked.

A friend of mine recently blogged about the same problem & mentioned she had a solution that killed like no tomorrow, so I thought it was time to give it a shot.

Put a little bit of apple cider vinegar in a small glass and add a few drops of liquid dish soap. Apparently the fruit flies are attracted to the scent & then die. I have yet to see a fly actually go in, but I have seen the results & I'm a believer!

In the last few days we have had over 50 fruit flies caught in the trap. (I told you we had a real problem!) So, many thanks to Tracy of Meengs Family Moments for putting an end to my infestation!

2 comments:

  1. So glad it worked for you too. Thanks for the shout out, it is fun to see yourself mentioned on other people's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, but I don't think I can use it. We don't have fruit to attract the flies that don't live here because it's too cold and even if we did...Jacob just gave away my dishsoap to an elderly lady who needed some because they don't have any at the store...so what am I supposed to use?...good thing I have the Costco-size bottle in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete