Thursday 8 January 2009

Goodnight!

As I put Asher to bed tonight, I noticed his lips were a bit chapped, so I put some of my Chapstick on him. He then went to give PChad bedtime kisses & PChad commented that he was a lucky boy b/c he was wearing cherry chapstick. Then I read Asher a book, prayed, hugs & kisses, the whole bit. I was tucking him in & he said, "I have on cherry chapstick, just like the song!"

Then I went out of his room, into my own & started to put my PJs on. I faintly heard him say something. Usually he talks to his "buddies" for awhile before going to sleep, so I ignored it. Then I heard a bit louder, in a sing-songy voice:

"I want a drink of wa-ter! I want a drink of wa-ter!"

(slight pause)

"Mummy, I want a drink of water, please!"

(pause)

"A drink of water would be ok!"

"Mummy?"

"Please may can I have a drink of water?"

(If he's not sure if he should say "may" or "can" he puts both in the sentence.)

"A DRINK OF WATER WOULD BE OK!!!!"

So, I finished donning my pyjamas & got him a drink of water, which he took the smallest sip of & said, "There, that's enough."

1 comment:

  1. How does Asher know the words of the song?

    ReplyDelete