Tuesday 25 November 2008

Our Newest Member

A few weeks ago, we decided it would be nice to have a pet. Since I already clean up poop all day I decided a puppy was out. I'm not a huge fan of cold weather, so me walking a dog was out. At the moment I don't have an exorbitant amount of time to devote to training an animal (we're still working on training the kids), so basically a dog was out. Leaving a cat.

Choosing a cat was fine with me. I'm a cat person through & through. On cold winter days you can find me curled up w/ a latte, a cat, & a book. We bought the classified ads & started browsing for free cats, not too old & crochety, not too young & fragile (we do have a 2 year old after all). We finally found one in a town about 30 minutes away & took the drive to see him.

He was 4 months old, the people who had him had 2 daughters who drug him around, so he was used to some abuse, litter-trained & friendly. We decided to take him home since he seemed a good fit for our family. We contemplated names for awhile & PChad came up with "Thanet." When we first moved to London, England, we lived in a flat on Thanet street. I liked the name too, so it stuck. Plus, when a 2 year old says it, it doesn't sound innappropriate like some other names do.

Here's a clip of Asher playing w/ Thanet.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new addition! Your house looks gorgeous. Well from what I could see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, you guys and the street names, Lets hope you dont name your next addition to the family Batchawana...:)

    ReplyDelete