Saturday 29 November 2008

Needles

Yesterday I had to take Chancery to get her shots. Since we moved when she was only a few weeks old, she hadn't had any shots yet, so she's a bit behind, but not too much. Since I was there anyways, I asked about Asher's shots as well. I have no clue what's recommended & when they are due, so I was hoping they'd be able to help.

We waited in the waiting room for the nurse to call us back. They had an area for the kids to play, but the only "toy" they had was a bead thing, that frankly, just doesn't do it for Asher. He started opening all the cupboards in the room & asking me, "Where are all the toys, Mum?"

The nurse finally called us in & explained to Asher about the shots & what was going to happen. It was a good move on her part b/c otherwise he was going to start opening all her cupboards & drawers, I could see it in his eyes! So she gave Chancery the shots, there was some crying, & we went back out to the waiting room to wait our prescribed 15 minutes to make sure there were no reactions to the shots.

Not long after that, the nurse came back in & told me that Asher needed his 18 month shots, of which there were 4. She said she could do 2 now & 2 in 2 months when Chancery had to come back. So back into the room we went. Suprisingly, even though he had watched the whole she-bang when Chancery got her shots, he was really good...... until the needle went in! Then the lip came out & the crocodile tears formed! He was none too impressed w/ her.

All seemed fine, we came home, Chancery went promptly to sleep, Asher went for his nap, no problem..... until he woke up screaming that he had an owie!

I asked, "does your leg hurt?"
"nope"
"does your head hurt?"
"nope"
"does your arm hurt?"
"nope"

Apparently nothing hurt... until he moved his arm to get Russell. And then came the painful scream. So I got him some Tylenol & some water, but he refused to drink the water b/c it hurt his arm to lift the cup.

Poor kid, I don't think he's going to be so obliging next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment