Monday 24 November 2008

Christmas Music

We got our first real snowfall of the season on Saturday. PChad took Asher outside to shovel the snow while I stayed nice & warm inside (since Chancery was sleeping, one of us had to sacrifice)! Asher was pretty cold when he came in, so I made Hot Chocolate for him. He's only had it once before, but he was pretty excited about getting to have it. However, he wasn't so sure about it once he realized it was warm. He waited until it cooled down & had it cold. Then it was ok.

When PChad was finished shovelling he came in & suggested I put the Christmas music on. Sadly I informed him that I hadn't loaded the Christmas CDs onto the computer yet, so guess what my task was on Sunday?

I started thumbing through the CDs & realized yet again, that I have an abundance of Amy Grant Christmas CDs. Four to be exact. When I was in Jr High I was really into her music. I loved it, so I bought her CDs as soon as they hit the shelf, Christmas ones included. Over the years I tried to shy away from her & buy other Christmas CDs, but discoved that it's better to stick w/ one artist than go all over the map, or you'll have:
  • 3 versions of "Deck the Halls,"
  • 6 versions of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,"
  • 6 "I'll be Home For Christmas,"
  • 5 "Jingle Bells,"
  • 3 "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow,"
  • 5 "O Come All Ye Faithful,"
  • 4 "Oh Holy Night,"
  • 5 "Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem,"
  • 3 "Rudolph,"
  • 6 "Silent Night,"
  • 4 "Silver Bells,"
  • 3 "Sleigh Ride,"
  • 6 "The Christmas Song,"
  • 4 "Noel,"
  • 4 "Drummer Boy,"
  • 4 "We Three Kings,"
  • 3 "What Child Is This,"
  • 7 "White Christmas,"
  • 7 "Winter Wonderland,"
  • And numerous other duplicates.
As much as I like hearing the Christmas songs, I don't want to hear the same ones over & over as I have them playing. I'm not too sure that New Kids On The Block, Trace Adkins, Amy Grant, Mickey Mouse, & Mel Torme can all sing "The Christmas Song" that differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment