Tuesday 18 November 2008

First Baptism

Sunday was a special day for Pastor Chad. He got to perform his first baptism.

I wonder why they call it performing… Sounds like he did a bit of singing & dancing…. which he did not.

Here are the pictures. I relied on the family to take them rather than taking them myself. I figured if I took my camera to church again people would start to think it was a regular occurrence & that I was going to be taking pictures every week. They might think that I think I’m a professional photographer or something, which I am clearly not. Sammy is 3 weeks younger than Chancery, & his parents waited especially so that Pastor Chad could baptise him.

sammy-baptism-1Reading the form

sammy-baptism-2Baptising

sammy-baptism-3Rit handing Sammy over for the blessing

sammy-baptism-4Pastor Chad blessing Sammy

Sammy was really good & only cried once he knew he was close enough to the mic that we would all be able to hear it. He was then presented to the congregation & encored his earlier yunking performance by quietly belching! We were glad to be a part of his special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment