Tuesday 17 December 2013

Experiment Time

A few weeks ago, Asher decided to do an experiment with snow.  He wanted to see how long it would take snow to melt, so he took some snow from outside where the temperature was 4°C.  The temperature inside the house was 20°C.  He took pictures of the snow every 5 minutes.  It took 1 hour & 15 minutes for his chunk of snow to melt completely!  We asked if he wanted up to put the results on Facebook, & he was adamant that we ‘publish’ it!

 

 

What did I expect would happen?

-I expected it to melt in 3 days.

 

What did I like best about this experiment?

-That it melted in only 1 day, & it was easy.

 

What did I learn from it?

- I learned that whenever you take ice in your hand, it would take about half an hour to melt.

 

Anything else you’d like to say?

- When it’s in a cup it takes 1 hour & 15 minutes.  And not half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment