Wednesday 8 December 2010

Snack Shopping

When I take the kids to the grocery store, they always beg for crackers as we are strolling up the cracker aisle.  I know from past experience that if I buy crackers, I’d better be prepared to eat them myself, or they’ll end up getting stale.

 

For some reason, crackers look really appetising in the store, but once we cross the threshold of our home, they become vile, boring snacks that no one wants to eat.

 

Asher begged for some Ritz crackers a few weeks ago, & after making him promise to eat them without complaint, I caved & purchased them.  There they sit in the cupboard, & the only time I can make the kids eat them is if I remind them of their promise.  If I pack the crackers in Asher’s school bag, they come right back home at the end of the day.

 

String cheese is another snack that they used to love, but I can’t buy it anymore either.  Have you ever seen an opened cheese, limply lying at the bottom of a lunch bag at the end of the day?  It’s not a pretty sight, my friend.

fish

And Fish crackers!  WHO DOESN’T LIKE FISHY CRACKERS??  My kids, that’s who.  It’s preposterous!

 

Thankfully, I can still make them cheer when I announce that we are having quesadillas for dinner.  Chancery was helping (watching) me make them the other night & announced, “we’re cheesing it up, Mummy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment