Thursday 10 December 2009

Every Now & Then -Review

Every Now & Then is the third book in the Sept. 11 series by Karen Kingsbury.  I read the first two books a few years ago & just realized a while ago that Karen Kingsbury had written a third book in the series.

I think that due to the time in between reading the first two books & this one I had a difficult time keeping all the people straight.  There were also a number of references to things that had happened in the last tow books, but I couldn't really remember what those were.

I re-read the backs of the first two books after I realized that I had no idea who some of the central characters were & that helped a bit, but it would definitely have enhanced my reading experience had I read the other books more recently.

That being said, I really enjoyed this book, despite the fact that I wasn't clear on all the history of the characters.  In this book, we are introduced to a new main character & the story is set a few years after the terrorist attacks.  He has moved from New York to California which I think also breathes new life into the story.

Alex is a K9 police officer who has a great partnership with his dog, but is pretty closed off from the rest of the world.  He is crippled by what he lost in the twin towers, but not willing to admit to anyone, including himslelf, that he needs help from anyone.

I would definitely recommend this book, though I would also advise reading the first two books first as they lend to the story quite a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I have read the first two books and enjoyed them. I also didn't realize she had written a new one, I'll have to re-read the first two and then search my library for this one. Thanks for sharing, love her books!

    ReplyDelete