Monday 21 December 2009

Can't Hardly Wait

Friday night PChad & Asher headed off to see a Christmas program & Chancery went to bed shortly after they left, so with a few hours to myself, I thought I'd get some Christmas presents wrapped.

Funny, I've known Christmas is fast approaching, but Thursday it suddenly hit me that Christmas is only a few days away & I didn't have things organized yet!

So I wrapped all the presents, discovered that my new stockings (that hang much straighter than last year's) aren't very wide, & had to unwrap & re-wrap a few.  I placed the gifts under the tree & had sense enough to know that the kids probably wouldn't leave them alone for a whole week, so I stuffed them under & behind the tree & put a tray-table in front to impede their destruction.

Saturday morning, PChad & I were attending to a large mess Asher made when Chancery appeared holding a gift tag.  I rushed downstairs to discover that she had ripped all the name tags off the gifts & taken a large strip of wrapping paper off one of Asher's presents.

I decided that under the tree wasn't the best place to store the gifts for the next week, so I picked them all up & carried them upstairs to hide them for a few days.

Asher, of course, wanted to know exactly where I was taking them & why I was removing them from under the tree.

Chancery just watched me & followed me around, whilst attempting to look innocent.  However, her plan was thwarted, as evidenced by the scotch tape (complete with traces of wrapping paper) stuck to her chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment