Tuesday 15 December 2009

Christmas Tour of Homes 2009

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester
I have found decorating to be a bit challenging this year, with all the "help" I've been getting from the little ones.  So, this year, not so many decorations, partly due to the fact that we finally have all our art hung on the walls.  A task that we finally got around to in November, a mere 14 months after we moved in, so I didn't feel like taking all the paintings down to put up the wall hangings.

Of course, the most important way to get in the Christmas spirit is the music, so I started by setting up my playlist, then set to work decorating the tree.
christmas
Our Christmas tree has 5 ornaments on it this year.  I started decorating it while the kids were up & they seemed to think it was a fun game to take the ornaments off just as fast as I put them up, so I quit.  It's all I can do at this point, to keep those 5 on the tree.  Chancery keeps taking them off and bringing them to me.

christmas

 

I really enjoy having the lighted garland on the banisters with the stockings.  I love the glow from the Christmas lights when the house is dark in the evenings, and the berry lights upstairs are one of my favourite features this year.
christmas










One thing that always gets me in the Christmas mood, is lights.  We didn't get outside to put any up before the snow hit this year, but we do have a few sets up in various places in the house.  As I pulled the different strands out of the box, PChad informed me that it's not that useful to have only one strand of each type (is that permission to buy more lights?).
christmas




As we strung them up, I concurred. Three feet of lights are a bit difficult to find a spot for, but I did find a window in PChad's office for the snowflake lights.
christmas

And we put these star lights up above the window in the living room, by the tree.
christmas










Of course, we can't forget the snowman doorstop that I made this year.  He had to be rescued from the floor after Asher decided to rip his nose off.  After a bit of facial reconstructive surgery, I think he'll be ok, but he's recuperating from his ordeal, on the counter.
christmas

Click here to see how I decorated last year.  To see other homes on the tour this year, or if you want to join in, click here!

2 comments:

  1. Your home is so lovely and sounds VERY exciting!!! I LOVE your snoman ~~ I'd love to know what pattern you used to make him ~~ ADORABLE!! So glad his recovering from his "nose re-job" =o)

    Have a Blessed and Merry CHRISTmas,
    Dawn @ dawnscottagecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely! I adore your garland and stockings on the banister. You have a flair for decorating- very nice. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete