Wednesday 15 October 2008

"Stinky Pete"

When Asher fills his pants, we call him a "Stinky Pete." I'm not sure how this started, but we've been calling him that for a loooong time. Sometimes if we suspect him, we'll ask if he's a "Stinky Pete" & he has recently started to say, "No I am not, I'm just a Pete."

Today he obviously was doing some dirty work & turns to me & says, "Don't change my pants, I'm pooping right now." So I explained to him that if he didn't want me to change his pants, he should go on the potty instead of in his pants & then he could have some candy. It cut no mustard w/ him, he didn't seem to see the logic in my statement.

He then told me he was going to sit in his rocking chair. I said that won't feel very good b/c I hadn't changed his pants yet. Without heeding my warning, he sat down & promptly said, "SHOOT, I have poop in my pants, I'm a Stinky Pete!"

Later, he told PC, "I don't want to poop on the potty, I don't want any candy." He certainly doesn't have my sweet tooth, or maybe he just has better things to do than sit on the potty all day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherilyn and thank you for stopping by to visit me. Oh my this post made me giggle and my mouth dropped open when he said he was pooping right now! lolubqcgf

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister had a harder time potty training Sam than she did for the girls - I guess it takes longer for boys (usually). She found the same thing out though - you have to have a bribe/treat that they really want. You might have to change the ante... :) I'm amazed that you are getting him to think about and start at this young an age - good for you!

    ReplyDelete