Wednesday 22 October 2008

She's Sleeping!

Monday I was trying to lay out the laundry on the bed & I had Chancery setting up at the head of the bed by the pillows. She was NOT happy w/ this arrangement & she was letting me know it! I tried sitting her up, laying her down, nothing I was doing was making her happy, so I decided that if I laid her on her front she couldn't possibly be more unhappy than she already was.

Not 2 minutes after I turned her over she was fast asleep! On her own! So I left her like that 'til I was finished w/ the laundry & decided I'd try laying her on her stomach for her nap that afternoon. Once again, I put her down awake & she drifted peacefully off to sleep in a matter of minutes & proceeded to take a 5 HOUR NAP!!

I tried the same technique yesterday & got a 4.5 hour nap! She fussed a bit every now & then b/c she's lost her plug, but once I get it back in place, she's off again. Today I thought I'd try having her nap in her room in her BED (which she hasn't slept in in over a month). She's been resting peacefully for the past 1.5 hours!

The only issue is that she really likes heavy blankets on her (today she insisted on 3) & I'm a bit hesitant to have her sleep like that overnight. So, she's still in the swing overnight, we've gone through 4 sets of batteries so far, but it's a small price to pay for quality sleep. I'm just glad that we've found a way that she's happy to sleep that will last. After all, how many 5 year olds do you know of that still fit into a baby swing at night!?

No comments:

Post a Comment