Thursday 12 August 2010

Hitting The Beach

I’m taking a break from the vacation posts to let you know what we’ve been up to since we got back home.

IMG_4040 We moved to PEI nearly 2 years ago, and as of 2 weeks ago, I had never been to the beach here.  It was a travesty that needed to be corrected.

 

IMG_4042Although, on one hand it was a pretty good record.  I don’t think there are many other people who live on the island, have small kids, and haven’t been to the beach in 2 years.

 

IMG_4044We moved here in October, so we missed nice beach weather that year.  The last summer, just as it was getting nice, I broke my foot & since I couldn’t drive, let alone manage the kids at the beach, we never made it then either.

 

IMG_4047But, we’re making up for lost time.  In the last 2 weeks, we’ve been to the beach 6 times.  Basically, if the weather permits, we go.

 

IMG_4051 And the kids have really enjoyed the freedom to run around, get wet & dirty, make new friends, & ask constantly for snacks & juice boxes.

 

IMG_4056 It even got to the point last week that PChad said perhaps I should give the kids a day off from going to the beach, because there’s only so much excitement they can handle!

 

IMG_4057 But we have to take advantage of every opportunity we have, since I have a feeling that it’s going to be a long winter.

1 comment:

  1. well, you're sure making up for it this summer!!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete