Wednesday 13 January 2010

Trash Or Treasure

When we were first married, PChad & I didn't have a lot of money, nor did we have many nice things in our house.  I used to go to garage sales quite frequently & see what I could find to pretty our house a bit.

One saturday morning, I saw a nice little painting marked $3.00.  Being Dutch & cheap, I decided to barter with the man, & asked if he'd be willing to take $2 for the painintg.  He thought about it briefly & said ok.  As he was handing the money over to his wife, she turned to me & asked, do you know who the artist is? I told her that I didn't & she replied, "I am."

Well, of course, I felt pretty stupid having talked them down on one of her own paintings, especially when she commented, "Two dollars doesn't even pay for the frame!"

But her husband could've always said no!

I still really like this painting, but PChad for some reason, has never liked it.  I decided that it needed to be hung, so I figured that if I hung it in the washroom on an existing nail, PChad wouldn't have a problem with that.  The next day, I noticed that he had put a new nail in the wall & hung the painting across from the toilet, instead of leaving it behind the toilet.

When I questioned him about it, he said, "That way when you go in the washroom, YOU can see it & I don't have to."
IMG_2688

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he really doesn't like that painting! I like it- very quaint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny, I have to say, I LOVE the painting!

    ReplyDelete