Thursday 28 January 2010

First Phone Call

Asher made his first unassisted phone call the other day.  He did pretty well, but I did have to jump in & translate for the person at the other end.
I told him to start off by saying his name & then asking for the person he wanted to talk to.
He said, “Hello, my name is Asher.  Can I talk to Miss A?”
The person who answered informed him that Miss A wasn’t there, so Asher inquired, “Who is this?”
He then proceeded to tell them the reason for the call.  We were borrowing some train tracks & trains from them & part of the bridge was missing, so his intent was to ask if they could look for it & bring it to church the next day.  Here’s what I heard:
“I need the ‘rap’ for the train… NO, the ‘RAP’, so the train can go up, and down, and up, and down a little bit and that’s it.”
He was having issues enunciating so the person on the other end could understand what it was he wanted, so I had to jump in & explain, but all in all, he did a pretty good job with minimal prompting.
Of course, once that phone call was over, he requested calling about 5 other people.  It’s a good thing we have a cheap phone plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment