Thursday 25 June 2009

Katt's In The Cradle - Review

A few months back, The Preacher's Wife gave away the book Katt's In The Cradle. It took me awhile to get to it, b/c I was reading a book that I wasn't really into, but I finally finished the other one!

This is the third book in a series which follows 4 pastors' wives through the ups & downs of their lives. There's a little bit in each of them that I could relate to & appreciated that they weren't all perfect & all struggled with real everyday issues that we all deal with.

I was a little worried when I started reading it that since it was the third book in the series & I hadn't read the previous two, that I'd be missing parts to the story, & I was, but it was still an enjoyable book. I think this is probably the first time that I've started a series in the middle like that, so I was surprised that I could follow the story so well, even though I was missing some of the background information & previous circumstances that had led these women to where they were now.

One thing I had trouble with, was the author's use of contrived names. I can understand if one of the pastors' previous wife's name was Kitty Katt, but to then have him marry a woman named Allison who goes by Ally..... It was a bit much in my opinion. As I started the book I was a bit turned off by that flight of fancy because I was worried that was setting the tone for the rest of the book as well. It took me a bit, but I finally got past that & enjoyed the rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment