Tuesday 29 January 2013

Mississippi Mud Brownies

When I was in high school, I remember buying a brownie mix from the store for Mississippi Mud Brownies.  They were not much different from normal brownies except there was a packet of marshmallow cream that you swirled into the batter before baking.

 

I have not been able to find that brownie mix for years, but have tried to replicate it many, many times.  The closest I got was using the marshmallow ice cream topping, but it doesn’t seem to be available in Canada.  So, it was back to the drawing board.

 

I’ve searched for a decent recipe online, but was just never able to find one that was close to the original.  Then my friend Denise passed on a recipe she had for the brownies.  It’s delicious.  Without further ado, I give you Mississippi Mud Brownies…

 

IMG_9160

 

Beat together:

4 Eggs

2 C Sugar

 

Add:

1.5 C Flour

1 C Margarine

1/3 C Cocoa

1 t Vanilla

1 C Coconut (optional)  -I did not add this, as it was never in the brownies I’m so fond of.  I have no idea if the addition of coconut would be good or not.

 

Grease 9x13 & bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes.  As soon as it is out of the oven, spread a 7 oz jar of Marshmallow Cream/Fluff over the top.  Then swirl the frosting.

 

Frosting:

2 T Cocoa

1/4 C Margarine

3 T Milk

Bring to a boil & add:

2 C Powdered/Icing Sugar

1/2 t Vanilla

 

Try not to eat the whole pan by yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment