Wednesday 15 July 2009

Cocktails For Three -review

Pen names, I don't understand why authors use them. Ok, I suppose if you are starting out in a different genre from whatever your current one is, but why write under 2 names in the same genre?

Madeline Wickham, is also known as Sophie Kinsella, author of the Shopaholic series. I knew there were more books by here out there, but I couldn't remember her "new" name. I picked up this book a few weeks ago, pleased to discover that I had found her other works!

It took me a few chapters to really get into this book, but I think that had more to do with the fact that I had just finished a REALLY captivating read, more than the book itself.

Three co-workers & friends meet monthly after work for cocktails. On the night that we meet them, they are all hiding secrets from each other & we start to see their lives unravel as they keep shutting each other out to live in their own private hells.

Maggie is going through the self-doubt of first time motherhood. Not sure she is doing the right things, but not sure of the questions to ask. Candice is trying to right the wrongs from her past, & Roxanne's secret lover has suddenly started acting very strangely.....

I found the story to be very believable, & enjoyed getting to read another book from this great author.

No comments:

Post a Comment