Monday 13 July 2009

Art Appreciation

I'm not much of an art fan. I don't know what's good makes a piece good, & I really don't enjoy going to look at art exhibits. There are a few paintings/pictures that I like, but mainly b/c they remind me of a place I liked or something like that.

I was discussing with my mother-in-law a few weeks ago, that I really enjoy the show So You Think You Can Dance because I find that to be such an art. The dancers put everything they have into the pieces & tell stories through their dance. I think one of the reasons why I appreciate their efforts is b/c I have a tremendous lack of rhythm (ask anyone who has seen me attempt to dance, even PChad is quick to agree).

On the last episode of SYTYCD, Kayla & Kupono performed a dance about addiction that really struck me as an excellent example of art & if you missed it, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment