Monday 29 September 2008

Fun w/ Appliances!

Last night I cooked pizza for dinner & was seeing what different button on the stove are for. I find it's always interesting figuring out the "quirks" of new appliances whenever we move. For instance, the last place we were at had 2 burners that never got past warm, & the oven was always cooler than the temperature indicated. The freezer in one apartment we were in would freeze things in the back much more than things in the front for some unexplained reason, & I learned the hard way, that the oven timer didn't work at our house in Grand Rapids.....

So, I pushed the "lock" button on the stove, but it had no effect. I decided to try to figure out where the lock was, so I looked around, found it, & slid it over manually. Then I closed the door. Only to discover that I had locked the door, & couldn't open it. I thought if I ran the cleaning cycle it might unlock on it's own after it finished, so I turned it on. 2 hours later the house was cooking, the cupboards on either side of the oven were hot to the touch, & the door was still stuck shut. After about 20 minutes of Pastor Chad & his dad fiddling with it, we finally got the door open this morning, along w/ a "don't try that again" lecture!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are related to Brian in having to touch everything and try it out! Do you have a manual with it?

    ReplyDelete