Thursday 1 October 2020

Egg Roll in a Bowl

 

I have a binder full of recipes that I've found on various parts of the interwebs.  Some are things I've searched for, some are from Facebook, and some are from blogs I follow.  Most of the recipes in the binder have never been tried by me. The binder is like recipe purgatory.  Once I make the recipe it either gets thrown out because it wasn't our favourite, or it gets a star which means make it again!  If it's extra awesome it might even get rewritten on a notecard and make it to the recipe box!  Last night I made "Egg Roll in a Bowl", and I think it might be moving to the recipe box.  We all liked it, and it wasn't too difficult.  Without further ado, here's the recipe...




Egg Roll in a Bowl

1/2 an Onion, chopped

1 lb ground Turkey or Pork Sausage

1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped

1 pkg Coleslaw Mix


Sauce

3-4 Spring Onions, chopped fine

3oz Soy Sauce (6 T)

2T Honey

1/2 t Sriracha


Heat oil in wok on Med heat. Add Onion and Sausage. Cook 5-7 min breaking sausage into pieces.

Add Bell Pepper and Coleslaw mix, stir well, then cover for 5-6 min. (It will cook down)

For the sauce, mix the Soy Sauce, Honey & Sriracha well, then add the Spring Onions.

Pour into the wok & cook uncovered for a few minutes until evenly combined and cooked through.


Serve over rice & enjoy!


1 comment: