Thursday 11 July 2013

Sticky Bun Cake

When I was younger, I loved it when my mum, or Aunt made monkey bread.  A few years ago, I made it again, & it just didn’t measure up to my memories of it.  It was dry, & just not that great.

 

A few months ago, I ran across a recipe for Cinnamon Bun Cake made in a bundt pan with Pillsbury biscuits, & decided to try it.  Once again, it was just too dry.  I searched recipe sites for other recipes for a cinnamon bread with the Pillsbury biscuits, & after some trial & error I combined a few elements from 3 different recipes & came up with my own version of Sticky Bun Cake, & it is delicious!

 

IMG_9861

Sticky Bun Cake

2 small tubes of Pillsbury Biscuits

3/4 C Pancake Syrup

1/2 C Brown Sugar

3/4 t Cinnamon

1/3 C Chopped Pecans

 

Spray Bundt pan with Pam.

Cut biscuits into 1/4’s & set aside.

Mix all other ingredients in large bowl.

Add biscuits & mix until well coated.

Bake @ 375° 20 min ‘til golden brown.

Cool in pan, then flip onto plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment