Thursday 20 October 2011

Strange Dreams

Chancery has been waking up the last few nights, crying in the middle of the night.  The first night I went into her room, & it took a bit to get her awake enough to stop crying.  Once she finally figured out I was there, she said, “I don’t want to have a time-out!”

 

I assured her that she had been dreaming, & she didn’t have to have a time-out.  She just laid down & went back to sleep, easy-peasy.

 

Last night, she woke up again, & I went into her room.  She looked at me & said, “Asher dropped a book on my foot yesterday, & he hurt me!”

 

I asked her if he did that in her dream, & she replied, “No, he did that yesterday!”

 

I assured her that it probably wasn’t on purpose, & now was time to sleep.  She promptly laid down & went back to sleep again.

 

While I’m not thrilled at being woken in the middle of the night, I am glad that it’s so easy to get her back to sleep, & it’s a bit funny the things that wake her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment