Monday 26 April 2010

20 Questions

The other day we were driving by some farms & Asher pointed one out & said, “That’s where Willem lives!”

 

We asked, “Do you mean MISTER Willem?”

 

“No, just Willem!” he replied.  (Having multiple people of various ages with the same name has caused us some confusion before.  We now refer to three of our friends as “Miss Julie,” “Different Miss Julie,” and “Different, Different Miss Julie.”)

 

So I told him, “Well, Mister Willem lives on a farm, but not that farm; and your friend Willem doesn’t have a farm, he just lives on a yard.”

 

Asher thought for a moment & then asked, “Where does he sleep?”

 

“Well, he sleeps at his house,” I said.

 

I knew where this was going, but I had to wait for Asher to say it anyway.  I wasn’t disappointed.  “But Willem just lives on a yard, and if he doesn’t have a house, he doesn’t have a bed to sleep in.”

 

So, we explained, “Willem has a house on the yard that he lives in, but he doesn’t live on a farm like MISTER Willem does.”

 

You could just see the gears spinning in his head before he asked, “Who’s Mr. Willem?”

 

“Mr. Willem is Miss Angela’s husband,” we said.

 

“Oh, well, where does he live?” Asher asked.

 

About this time we got to our destination & were given a bit of a reprieve from all the questions when he suddenly exclaimed, “Look, there’s a PARK!!!”

1 comment:

  1. I love it! And I love to read such entries and have the feeling, "It's not just me who is living such a life!":) P.S. I found the bracelet:) We can still be friends?:)

    ReplyDelete