Saturday 19 November 2016

San Diego Retreat!

Last week was the biannual CRC PW Conference/Retreat.  I never know what to refer to these events as since they are both a conference (we have speakers & break-out sessions), & a retreat from our everyday lives, so I waffle between the two.  This year the event was held in San Diego, & we had gorgeous weather (32C/95F)!  It was great being able to see old friends & meet new ones as well.  We played games, wandered around the city, laughed, cried, hot tubbed, learned about difficult places, & God's grace through it all.

And when the conference was over, some of us stayed for a few extra days.  These are the hijinxs we got up to!

Alicia & I  searched through Groupon for fun activities, & we decided we didn't want to do things we'd do with the kids (like the Zoo, or SeaWorld)

So we decided to jump out of a plane! 

It was crazy fun, & it was an added bonus that the weather was so nice!  We didn't have to worry about being cold at 13,000 feet because at 8am, it was already 23C , so a light sweater was all we needed.


 We made it!


Next, we went to the beach!  On our  way there, Alicia kept saying, "look how beautiful this is!"  So I took a picture.  Then she informed me, she had been talking about the view of the water out her side of the car!  Oops, I still think the palm trees lining the road are cool!

Alicia had a surfing lesson while I layed on the beach reading a book.  Our friend Beth joined us as well, & had a nice stroll along the shore.  See, there's something for everyone in San Diego!

Our last evening, the three of us went to a little shopping area for supper & to look for some souvenirs.  I had mussels, which were good, but not as good as PEI mussels!



In one of the shops I found this awesome dishtowel, but I was unwilling to spend 13 American dollars on it, so I just snapped a picture instead & called it a night.

At the rental car place, we were told to go pick the car we wanted.  When we got to where the cars were, there were a few Chevy Cruzes, & a lady was about to drive away in a Fiat 500.  "You're lucky you got here before us!" I joked.  She replied, "Do you want this car?  I work for the company & I just have to bring a car to the other lot."

So, we got the Fiat 500 for the day!  It was a fun ride, but I think something was wrong with it because it was making some weird sounds!  


The next morning the other girls left, & I was on my own, so I took my book to the pool to while away the hours before my flight home.

It was a busy, yet refreshing week away, & I look forward to the next one in 2 years' time!


No comments:

Post a Comment