Saturday 5 January 2008

Yesterday was a pretty good day

Yesterday Asher was sick. He had a pretty high fever, and whenever he finally got out of bed, he'd ask for a drink, some bread, followed by a return to bed. All in all he spent 5 hours out of bed. I had the most wonderful day! Of course I was housebound, so that put a bit of a kink in the day as I had things I was supposed to go out and do, but all in all, a day spent indoors while your child sleeps isn't a bad day! I read, I finished season 7 of Gilmore Girls, I mucked about on the computer for awhile.... Of course, today he seems to be making up for lost time. He just tipped over his toy basket and announced that he made a "mess."

Saturday mornings we usually go to McDonald's for breakfast. I'm not sure when this tradition started, but Asher has really gotten into it. This morning (after we made sure he wasn't sick anymore), we asked him if he'd like to go to McDonald's. His response was, "Eat, Pancakes." Funny how he knows that in the mornings he gets pancakes there, b/c at any other time of the day he merely says "eat" if we talk about McD's.

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that Asher is feeling better...a sick child sucks!!!!! But having a day when they sleep all day is priceless!!!!!! And the little things they say are the greatest things!!!!!!!!
    I was having a bum day and this made me smile and laugh a little...
    Thanks Girl.......

    ReplyDelete