Wednesday 3 December 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Groceries


I can't tell you how many times I've carefully set my groceries in the back of our Pathfinder, carefully driven home, opened the back of the truck to discover everything has rolled out of the bags.

We have thought of many different options to solve this problem, but most of them cost quite a bit of money, so we keep doing nothing & keep having to re-bag the groceries once we get home. Then it's countless trips in & out of the house to unload all the groceries.

A few weeks ago I got tired of this rig-a-ma-roll. I went to Walmart & I bought 2 of the cheapest laundry baskets they had. Now when I load my groceries into the truck, I put them into the baskets & they stay put on the ride home. Once I'm home I take the baskets out, & instead of 5 trips, it takes 2 or 3 to unload the truck. And that works for me.

Go over to Rocks In My Dryer for more ideas & to link up with what works for you.

4 comments:

  1. Great tip. I have this same problem. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't laundry baskets wonderful?! Great tip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I have those pop open type of holders, thinking they wouldn't take up any space when I wasn't using them. But they also don't hold much either, so they aren't worth the money. This is such a better idea! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought another huge, frozen turkey (on sale, of course) yesterday and it almost rolled out on my toes in the unloading process. The laundry basket idea is a great one!

    Just wanted you to know I added you as an Author at my recipe exchange blog. You should be receiving an email from me - I didn't want your welcome letter to get lost in your spam folder. =) Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete